Re: RC: Dogs

Hi ridecampers; Here in miserable southern California, for various reasons, I ride with a cannister of pepper spray attached to the front of my saddle every time I go out. One of my riding companions carries a gun, and we got into a discussion about a bad dog that was approaching us one day. I was telling him, "You know, you can't shoot that dog in city limits in front of the owners, and their kids......." Imagine the problems that would bring. But I had my spray out and we were waiting to see if the owner got the dog under control, or if that dog was gonna get sprayed. The owners did get the dog, that time. But we have had dog attacks up here in the Mtn. trails, and every time I see a loose and aggressive barking dog, I get that cannister ready.  (Also if I see a loose and aggressive psychotic individual too! But of course you can always ride over the top of those folks. ha ha)    Beth