sore hocks

Dear Ridecampers,

I had my vet out this week to do a final once-over on my boy before our first 25.I told him during some galloping work I felt a "blow out" of sorts where his back end dropped and did kind of a shuffle.Vet feels he is OK to do 25,but thought his hocks were slightly off and gave him an injection of adequin and legend.BTW,horse is 14 and fit.Farrier saw him today and also thought his one rear right hock was sore and thinks I'll need to get him injected after the ride.What is ridecamps opinion?When he did this blowout the force of it knocked my feet right out of my stirrups-alittle scary!

Thanks in advance!
Alicia and Viktor