Juniors

Hi All

      What at wonderful reflection of what our world can be.  The juniors put aside their ego and came in as a team.  The safety and well being of their horses were of upmost importance to them before anything or anyone else.

      I would like to mention one junior that rode the 50 - Teresa Frame.  Most of the riders were in fine health, and still the 50 miles were a trial on their body.  Teresa Frame broke her leg on Monday - THE Monday before THE championship.  Somehow they convinced the doctor to put off casting her leg until after the race.  They splinted and wrapped her leg, then found a boot that would fit in the stirrup.  Most of us (at least me) would not be able to ride 1/2 mile with a broken leg, but with Teresa's excellent riding ability, they both completed in fine shape.  So, here's hat's off to Teresa - who truly endured to finish!

Linda S.
Memphis, TN