hard neck

patti gene@dreamsoft.com
I am asking this ? for a friend of mine. She has this mare that she took
to a chiropracter, she was very sore and short stridded. The vet gave her
horse a sedative something like ace. It was a lighter yellow and she gave
about 16 cc. She thought the name of it was something like vetdrecillin.
Anyway the horses neck got very swollen and hard, the hardness spread up
the neck and then down. The swelling is gone but it is so hard and the
mare is very sore, she won't bend. She hasn't been riding this horse, just
walking her on the hot walker for a couple min. to loosen her up. She
informed the vet of this when it first swelled up and the vet acted like
she was over reacting and when she called back to let her know it is now
hard and spreading she gave no help. Needless to say she's not using that
vet again. If you know anything about this med. please let me know, and if
anyone is interested in the reason the horse is sore and thinks they can
help I'll tell you about it.