Manure Composting in the Garden

Jill Kilty Newburn mrnjkn@aol.com
You do not even have to remove heavy/unwanted soils before adding your
compost -- the compost will improve the quality and texture of the
existing soil and you can build layers right on top of heavy clays. We
grow all our vegetables in raised beds filled with horse manure that we
compost in the beds. Putting a layer of welded wire across the bottom
keeps the gophers out and shoveling  straight into the bins means I don't
have to move it agin.
Jessica Paige at WSU Cooperative Extension has a very approachable article
posted which can be found at whatcom.wsu.edu/ag/compost.htm
Happy gardening
Jill