Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)

Hi Howard,
   Great new lyrics! Keep 'em coming!
   I have the original on my Taj Mahal boxed set. The whole title is listed
as "Day-O (The Banana Boat Song) written by I. Burgie & W. Attaway.
Popularized by Harry Belafonte in the '60's & done beautifully by Taj Mahal
on this CD!

~Sue Walz
  Eugene, Oregon

My wife has taken away the remote.  I am no longer able to flip, from
channel to channel, without getting off my duff.  So, since I can't stand
commercials, I'm went riding today on my new horse, "War Cry" (I love this
horse as much as I love his name), and playing the game of making noise so
the hunters can hear me. I have a new song.  It goes like this (sung to that
old Caribbean song that I can't remember the name of but played a big part
in the movie "BeetleJuice" and includes the lyrics
"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooo; aaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooo, daylight come and I
want to go home")  Hope you recognize it (someone tell me the title if you
think of it):

"Hey Mister Taliban, Taliban Banana

Air Force come and they flatten my home.

Hey Mister Taliban, Taliban Banana

Air Force come and they flatten my home.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooo, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooo

Air Force come and they flatten my home."

As you can see, I need more lyrics.  I'm trying to find the original but,
since I can't remember the name of the darn thing, I haven't yet located it
on the internet.

Catchy tune, and I even got a couple hunters to sing it with me today when I
was out on the trails.  We still have our sense of humor, and even the
hunters no longer upset me (we need all the marksmen we can get right now).
Americans are Americans, and God Bless them all, even that woman from North
Georgia.  haha.

cya,

Howard (this National Championship ride has cheered me up even though Jerry
got pulled way too early; Go Rita)