RC: RE: I Don't Much Like This New World

Has anybody ever thought about the correlation to our current world in Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings"?  I'm reminded of that book more and more every day and I'm pinning my hope on the characters and the outcome in the end.

To make this vaguely endurance related - the heroes trekked for miles on wonderful horses and Gandalf rode, what to me sounded like, an Arab.

Kristene