Re: Re: Why this novice shouldn't have attempted this 50

>it's OK to continue. It is not paramount that you >finish that first 50 mile endurance ride; it is >paramount that your horse finishes, whatever >distance you travel, healthy and sound.  No one >knows your horse better than you, and if he's not >eating, drinking, or seems really off to you, pull.  >Pull at the third loop.  To do so may not make you >a winner according to AERC, but, to me, it makes >you a hero, and someone who has their priorities in >good working order.  The horse must always come >first;

I absolutely agree with Howard, Deanna.  Your horse came first, you both learned alot and you're much further down the road to completing future rides (of any distance) with a healthy horse.  That makes you a hero in my book, too.

Congratulations on a GOOD RIDE.

Susan G