Re: Belated Biltmore(long)

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Holland
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 5:54 PM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: RC: Belated Biltmore(long)

....Lemme tell ya, folks....Susan knows her stuff.  Best Sunny has EVER done following her advice.  She's my hero!  If I had Top Tenned this ride, NO DOUBT that Sunny would have won BC. Mucho Margaritas for the lady at first opportunity. Owe you big time, Susan.

By the way, Susan, you are welcome to come ride with me ANYTIME. Just come on down.  You have a standing invitation.  Will show you some of the prettiest trails in the country. Don't need a horse....you can ride Sunny. Besides, those California horses can't handle our hills, heat, and humidity anyway.  OK...The ball's in your court...when ya comin'?

Jim, my question is why did it take you so long to figure all this out?  Susan is the guru of endurance; even I've known that for sometime now.  If Susan ever does make it out to one of the Southeast rides, and finds out that you already have two women staying in your trailer, she can always stay with me in the tent, where it's much safer.  haha.

.....Finally met Howard Bramhall.  Howard, considering your faults, how did you end up with such a nice wife and daughter?  Joan and Erica hit it off immediately. Howard's daughter Jennifer is just a great kid. Her and Sunny were bonded at first sight.  Joan and I took a walk with Abe and Sunny down to Howard's camp and I was showing Jennifer Sunny's ground manners commands. She says "Dad, boost me up there". Took off bareback on Sunny with just a halter. He knew IMMEDIATELY that she was a
soulmate. Think she said "Dad, I want one just like this".  Howard, I think I have created a large hole into which you will deposit lots of money. <grin> Hope she will come ride with me someday before I get too old. She will love riding Sunny in the North Georgia Mountains. Howard, if you don't want to sponsor her, I will.  Great future for her in
Endurance....

Sunday morning before we left, Jennifer came over to say "Goodbye", but what she really wanted was to see Sunny again. "Will he do all that stuff for me?" Sure he will...and did...when she approached him properly and used the proper cues.  Sunny was just perfect, backing off her shoulder, turning on hand signals, and coming when called.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche and Mahada Magic

Just exactly what faults are  you referring to here?  I wasn't aware I had any.  lol.  If I had a buck for every time someone has asked me, "how did you end up with such a nice wife and daughter?" I'd be able to fill up that large hole (actually I have two large ones since I own a boat along with those horses).

Anyway, my money's on you and Sunny at Nationals.  You gotta be one of the few males in that weight category, so we're all counting on ya.  I'm still in shock as how an old dude, who drinks beer, can be so damn skinny.   Tell Joan we said HI (I thought it was me and Joan who hit it off so well).  haha.

cya,

Howard