Re: titanium shoes

I ordered my Ti shoes from Centaur Forge, but they only sent the one pair of 0, and back ordered the pair of 1's.  The woman who called to tell us they were backordered told my husband "no one uses titanium shoes any more"  At $43 a pair, I can see why, but they did have them in the catalogue.

Laura Hayes
----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Rich
To: ridecamp
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2001 4:10 PM
Subject: RC: titanium shoes

i have used these shoes for sevral years, on two horses, loved them! the farrier i had at the time also like working with them, now he is to far away and no one else seems to want to get them, or can't, which ever the case may be. we do our own shoeing now, and have tried numerous suppliers, but they claim they don't have acess to them either, except for one supplier, and when he found we did our own shoeing, and not a certified farrier, he was just down right rude and wouldn't sell them!! can you imagine!?  they far outlast any other shoe i've had! now we are using an "ultra lite " steel shoe. when we shoe the next time though, we are going to try " equiflex " shoes. wish us luck!  Tina Rich