Horse's sore back

Carol Meyer Cdm1680@aol.com
Recently I went on a 7-hour trail ride. Unfortunately, my horse's back was
sore after this ride. I realize this is a very long ride but would like to
do it again sometime and wonder if anyone has any suggestions as to how I
could prevent his sore back. I use a Bob Marshall Sports Saddle and Skito
saddle pad. Would a Supracor pad solve this problem? Thanks for your help.