They ate beet pulp!

Hey guys, I discovered the secret to getting my elderly horses to eat beet
pulp!  Just tell them it isn't theirs and they MUST not eat it!  I had given
up on them eating it, and so I fixed my riding horse, Special, (the alpha
mare of the group) a batch of beet pulp in the hopes that she would like and
eat it on rides.  I started the beet pulp soaking in Special's feed tub and
the old mares came over to investigate.  I tried to move them off, and
suddenly the old mares couldn't live without the beet pulp and started
fighting over who got to eat it.

Rhonda