What's wrong with my brakes??

I have a new trailer that has been in service for only
this season.  It has electric brakes.

They stop the trailer just fine, but now they are
making an awful noise.  We sound like a semi-truck
coming to a stop.  It is a low screeching sound.  We
have all heard it before.  It is hard to describe in
writing.

Anyway, the wheels on the back axle were warm when we
got home and the wheels on the front axle were not.
Is there any reason for this to me happening with a
new trailer?  Does any body know?

If you feel others would not be interested in this,
you can write me directly  phillipscj@yahoo.com  to
avoid clutter on the service.

Thanks Charles