Why I ride LD

Sherrie sivanhoe@aol.com
I am a "lurker" here on Ridecamp.  I have only done 1 LD ride, but I have had horses most of my life and I plan to do 2 this year.  My husband and I both have careers that take us to two different cities and have a combined 4 1/2 hour commute daily.  We also have a 7 year old son, 7 horses, 2 dogs, 4 cats and a bunch of parakeets. I am able to only ride 3-4 times a week between 7 and 12 miles. I can sufficiently condition for a 25.  My horse can and has done 50's and even a couple of 100's I'm not sure that I have the energy or desire to do any longer distances.

Sherrie