white hairs, saddle pad ques

  I recently noticed that my otherwise blood-bay horse has a
sparse smattering of white hairs on this back, right where my
thighs rest while riding.  I dutifully searched the ridecamp
archives for all 'white hair' posts, and what I read leads me
to believe this is probably due to heat rather than pressure,
given that the white hairs are thinly dispersed over a fairly
broad area.  I have been using two pads together: a very thin
quited cotton pad next to the horse (being cotton, it is easily
washed), and a heavier synthetic fleece pad next to the saddle
(which I used to provide additional padding).  I am beginning
to think I am over-padding, which is causing excessive heat
under the saddle.  As far as I can tell, my saddle fits OK - no
obvious pressure-points that I can see from sweat-stains on the
horse or on the pad.

  Any recommendations for a saddle pad that helps reduce heat
and sweating (and which cost under $100)?   In the meantime,
I'm going to stop using the fleece pad and jsut use the cotton
one.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag