Just a spoon full of sugar...

Nina Vasiliev rides4fun@hotmail.com
Hello everyone,

If it is true that a little bit of sugar helps electrolytes be
 absorbed, (true for people, I'm assuming it's also true for
 horses, but I'm not sure,) but too much sugar slows gastric
 emptying...Then, when dealing with a 1000 lb horse, where does
 mixing powdered 'lytes with molasses fall?  Too much glucose?
 Not too much?

I hate to have my horse run from me when I come at him with a
 loaded syringe, so, I'd like to lower his "cringe" factor with
 something yummy, easy and cheap.

Thanks,

Nina Vasiliev
Western region