Re: LD AND OPINIONS]

Question for you since I don't know the answer, what if
someone was hurt and still wanted to ride back and whoever
went to look for them or help them rode back with them,
entered or not? I know if I had volunteered to help at a
ride and wasn't riding in it, I certainly wouldn't want to
pay the registration fee, just to go out to reflag a trail
section, or......... Or what if someone was out marking a
poorly marked section of trail and rode back in with a
rider or two? Just trying to think of all the reason why a
non-registered rider might be out there. Or what if you did
run across a pleasure rider who was riding the same section
of a trail back to camp and who rode along with you? Do you
have to tell them to distance themselves so you don't get
disqualified?

Just wondering.....

heidi

--- Merryben@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 1/23/01 5:17:44 PM Pacific Standard
> Time, lanconn@tds.net
> writes:
>

> > 22222A-hem.....I don't see why it would be against the
> rules even if he is
> > NOT entered. I have been to many rides where we see
> pleasure riders,
> > trail riders, and riders of all description out there
> with us....some of
> > them have even ridden alongside while I described the
> joys of
> > Endurance.  As long as he isn't leading their horses or
> otherwise
> > assisting them to complete the ride, he can ride along
> with them...in
> > fact the CALVARY could ride behind them or in front of
> them without
> > violating the rules.  I applaud his concern....butt
> out!
> >

> It really doesn't matter that you don't see why it would
> be against the rules
> if he is not entered, it is in fact a rule.  [See AERC
> Rule 6 k].  As for
> butting out, as an elected official of the AERC I took an
> oath to uphold the
> rules so I am just doing my job.
>
> Maryben Stover
> AERC Vice president
> Chair Hall of Fame Committee
> 8,000 miles
> member since 1974
>
> Oh yeah, you guys need to really lighten up.  I
> originally wrote that in
> response to Truman jokingly.  However, it really is
> against the rules....

=====
Heidi-aerc#M20935  /\_/\~