Re: RC: Fire and Brimstone and Fire Mt!

In a message dated 1/22/01 8:23:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
firedancefarms@prodigy.net writes:

<< Or Jim Baldwin >>

Jim was the vet at my first LD ride -- on my out-of-shape Appaloosa mare.  We
were just there to condition and have fun but Jim scared me so badly I was
going to pull right after the ride meeting.  I went up to tell him I was
pulling and he was very kind to me.  Told me that although my mare was fat,
he really wasn't directing his comments to me because I had already said we
were there to condition and try for the turtle award.  He gave me very good,
sound advice on how to pace the ride, made sure he was the one to check my
mare at each P&R, and was very supportive.  Of course, I ignored a vital
piece of his advice -- which was to take care of myself.  I was so busy
feeding and watering and monitoring my mare that I became dehydrated and was
pretty miserable and cramp that evening.  But, I sure listened carefully to
every word that came out of his mouth about that horse!  LOL.

Rhonda