duck-isms

The Fire Mtn ride was terrific!  My hat is off to the ride mgmnt for
such a well organized and executed event. Good volunteers, lots of
water, nice trail, even the weather cooperated.  As for the Duck's
speech...you guys missed the point, I think.  I've known & ridden lots
of his rides for years and I think he was trying to EDUCATE.  So you
didn't like his delivery.  Most people don't listen until you smack them
between the eyes and that's just what he did.  Truth hurts.  Was he
talking to you personally...??  maybe.  However, I think his message was
for everyone to quit depending on someone else for their horses
welfare.  He wants you to step up to the plate and learn about this
sport and about your horse  and to know when you can push and when you
can't and when you goofed.  Don't leave it up to the vet...he may not
know.  The Duck knows, don't think he doesn't know at a glance
everything there is to know about that horse the minute he sees it.
I've had better vetting from his motorcycle than I have with "a
pre-purchase  exam" from other DVM's. Don't believe his "aw shucks"
speech about him not being a learned and intelligent person...this is
only to bring up your level of awareness---to really consider your
methods and practices.  He wants you to know the facts...speed kills and
he doesn't want you to go home with an empty trailer.   It worked!  Some
of those 15 milers were real slow...thank god for Ducks.   Tinker (5000+
mi)  & Kay (6000+ mi) W region