Re: RC: LD AND OPINIONS

In a message dated 1/21/01 10:09:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Yes,
 there will always be hot shoe LDers, just like 50's.  The key
 is to educate!  The ride results for LD at Fire Mt. were read in
 alphabetical order, not placement finish. >>
    And, this is why the results is read in alphabetical order...to
discourage what you call the "hot shoe LDers" and the uneducated rider.  I
see nothing wrong in placing in alphabetical order if no one indeed is racing
there shouldn't be a winner.  The choice is in the rider and their horse to
finish as they want to, with no pressure as to a winning placement.  LD
riders have a wonderful place in our sport, but its not to be overlooked as a
race.  This is the way AERC has set it up and if you want good quality care
for young horses, horses coming out of lay up, older horses, new riders, or
just plan pleasure riders, we need to keep up the method of not seeing LD
rides as a racing ride.

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
661/513-9269