Some more trends in our sport

Truman Prevat of the SE region decided to use the statistics page to look
at longer trends.  The ones below are from him. The CT growth seems to
match the
nationwide growth.

Mike

****************
Here minus means a decline in riders in 2000 over 96. The riders/per
ride were based on 2000.

For the AERC nation wide there has been a 19% growth in riders over the
period of 1996-2000. Also nationwide in 2000 the average number of riders
per ride
is 28. Each region is listed below.

CT    +17% change from 1996 and average 25 riders/ride
MT     -7% and 23 riders/ride
MW     +43% and 17 riders/ride
NE     +7% and 26 riders/ride
NW     +12% and 27 riders/ride
SE     +35% and 39 riders.ride

PS + W+ SW +21% and 33 riders/ride.

It was
somewhat tricky since the PS region was born in that period. So I
combined the PS, W and SW. If I remember correctly the PS wa made up of
the W and SW when it was created. Is that correct? I also calculated the
number of riders per ride for each region.  Note that rides mean if
a ride has a 25/50/100 - this counts as 3 rides.