Re: RC: Finding the right bit

> I made sure to watch that because when I used to
> show horses, Jimmy Williams
> was THE TRAINER.  He was also one of the best riders
> I ever saw.  People used
> to laugh at his sugar cubes, me among them.  I have
> a friend who trains with
> carrots.  She trained my horse that way.

   Just courious, what do you do when you run out of
carrots or sugar cubes? Can you depend on your horse
in any situation without the motivator of "goodies"?

   Jimmy Williams was a great rider for his time but
as memory serves me right (you might have to cut me
some slack as I am pushing 50..BG..) his training
methods were questionable. You also have to remember
that he was a show rider and besides getting a horse
around a course of jumps never had to depend on one to
get him safely home out in the "wide open spaces".
Please don't get me wrong I have the upmost respect
for Jimmy's acheviements, but to me it's kind of like
comparing apples to oranges.

    If (God forbid) I should get in a wreck hauling my
horse, I want to know that I can unload her anywhere
under any conditions as clamly as possible, even with
all hell breaking loose around us. I also want to know
she will load into any "strange" trailer, under any
circumstance 100% of the time. What if she was badly
injured in that wreck and needs to be hauled to a vet
by some stranger? I certainally don't want her
compromising her medical problems struggling or
wasting precious time trying to bribe her into that
strange trailer.

     Please don't take this as a flame, these are just
my thoughts and observations.

Penny

  It