Re: RC: Poor conditons

>>Well I was shocked to see how poorly
> the > horses were taken care of.

There is a veterinarian in Tennessee who goes on Mission Trips to South
America and helps some of the really poor people with their animals. It
isn't always that they are cruel people, just that they're trying to
survive. He showed us slides of horses with huge open sores on fistulous
withers. These people cut firewood for a living and their families would
literally go hungry if the horse took time off. He gave a very
interesting talk and it did show us another side of horse ownership. My
husband gets a missionary magazine called "The Commission". I read a note
in there the other day about the same veterinarian going down there.
Before he left a local businessman had insisted on sending a box of
chicken medicine. He didn't want to take it but did. When he got there
that was the biggest problem the villagers had, their chickens were
dying.  I guess if I decide to go on a mission trip ever this could be my
calling. :-)  If anybody is interested in contacting this vet I guess I
could get his address....and to make this endurance related, I think he
said the horses were really tough, small, and seemed to be of Paso type
breeding. >g<

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.