Pedometers?

A Horse Pedometer/GPS system!  *That's* what we need!  A nice, digital high-tech gadget that will automatically record and store the data after a 24 hr. period, reset itself automatically and transmit the data to a remote reciever that can plot it out on a graph in miles/day!  We can put some on our horses that are out in pasture, and even provide some to the BLM to put on a handfull of wild Mustangs to see what their ranges are really like on a day-to-day basis.  The variables could include weather, forage and water availability (time of year?), plus any other unusual stresses such as wildfires, etc.  Am I onto something here?!  ;-)

Tracey in Portland
-----Original Message-----
From: Trailrite@aol.com [mailto:Trailrite@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 12:10 PM
To: helgeson@ndak.net; wwho20@hotmail.com
Cc: katswig@earthlink.net; ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Fwd: RC: Barefoot/verses steel

In a message dated 9/28/2001 5:03:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time, helgeson@ndak.net writes:

I have also read in several posts that horses do not naturally "in the wild"
travel 50 to 100 miles a day. But in Kat's post she claims that her
horses naturally travel 100 miles a day in her pasture.  So which is
it? My self I would believe Kat, in that horses travel that far in a
day, naturally, while they are grazing and going to water.

Does Kat's horse's all carry 165 - 250 lbs on their backs all day in this (what size pasture) ?
I feel this subject needs a break.  RIDE BAREFOOT if you want to, but please, stay with facts that are real and documented.

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
18171 Lost Creek Road
Saugus, CA 91390