Newbie - Needs a mentor to talk to

Charmain Vaughn ellie@morris.com
I'm entering my first endurance race in November. My 10 year old Paso Fino
gelding and I are steadily increasing our stamina and should be ready to
at least finish by then, which is my goal for this first ride anyway ....
but I would really like to talk to someone who has been there ... done
that. I live about 35 miles south of Augusta, Georgia.

We've (Dusty and I) have been trail riding for 5 years and he's used to
crowds and rowdy horses, willing to please, healthy and trés sound (thank
goodness), but I'm ready for more. We're riding 7-10.5 miles 3 times a
week (average time 1-1.5 hours) and longer, slower distances on the
weekends.

Anybody out there that can help me?