Re: RC: forgetting/trauma

I can tell you that emotional trauma/stress can cause a total loss of memory. In October 2000 I lost a dog that I was EXTREMELY attached to. I fought with the sorry and continued to work long hours to forget. In December my best friend (who had a puppy from the dog that died) came to visit and left the puppy with me because she thought it would help me in my grief.  The exact opposite happened. The last thing I remember is taking a nap and being awakened by a phone call and then absolutely NOTHING.  The caller said I just started screaming and they sent the paramedics to my house.  They found me in my room screaming and unable to converse.  I don't remember anything about it to this day.  I was taken to the hospital with a case of what the doctors called "temporary global amnesia" brought on by extreme grief and stress.  I couldn't speak and didn't know my name, etc.  It took about 24 hours for me to come back around.  Scariest thing I ever had happen to me.

I agree - check it out!

Lee

Everything will be okay in the end.  If it's not okay, then it's not the end !