IntNewsGroup: Maggy Price update

To: AERC International members and supporters
From: Mary Lutz, Director of Endurance USET

	Maggy is doing remarkably well.  She has started her Radiation Therapy in
New York and except for feeling tired by the end of the day, she is doing
very well.  She is also receiving Physical Therapy and as we probably all
suspected, some of her riding muscles are making this aspect of her
recovery much easier.  Her Physical Therapist is convinced that she will be
riding again.  Maggy is so confident, that she is already planning a ride
schedule for the later part of next year.  She is able to coordinate all of
her therapies very well and she and John are staying in the city during the
week but are able to return to the farm on the weekends.  Maggy is working
on sending Thank You notes to the many people who have contacted her but
she can only get so many a day written.  Maggy and John hosted a few East
Zone riders on their ways to and from the Pan American Endurance
Championship and she enjoyed having the company so any of you who are close
enough to drop into the farm or the New York apartment, I think the company
would be very much appreciated.

	Maggy is wearing a brace on her left leg which she feels makes it harder
to walk but she will put up with because it is supporting her knee which
apparently was the most affected by the nerve damage.  Other than that, her
spirits are good and she definitely sounded like the Maggy I know.

	She and John were in New York when the World Trade Center towers were
attacked but they are far enough away from that area of the city that they
were not directly affected.  Thankfully they can travel to and from the
farm at non-peak hours so they haven't had a problem getting in and out of
the city.  They also did not lose a close loved one but like so many in
this area, they know someone who knows someone who is missing.  As I said,
it did my heart good to talk to her today and hear that Maggy Price spirit
in her voice once again.

	I hope this email finds all of you well and in the company of friends and
family - Peace - Mary