Re: RC: RE: Where does UAE stand? from Angie

In a message dated Thu, 20 Sep 2001  5:30:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time, wsabg@t-online.de (Wolfgang Schwingenheuer) writes:

> It may be possible that individuals from either of those countries are
> involved as it might be possible that some individuals who live or lived
> here in Germany are involved. But don't blame a whole country for such
> creatures.

Wolfgang has this right.  These rogues and criminals hide in all countries, all over the globe.  There are most likely a great many more of them here in the US as well.  So while a particular country may not be involved, it is no surprise that the terrorists themselves originate from any of several countries.  Everyone was born somewhere...

One of my most vivid impressions of the WEC in the UAE was going into the stadium guarded by armed guards--there to prevent terrorism.

Heidi