Re: hunting season

Wear as much orange s you can. My headstall and breast collar are
biothane gold, but the company that made the gold biothane quit making
that color, so when it wears out I am out of luck.

I visited a local tack shop and bought orange fabric to make my own
orange cover ups and vest. I also spoke with the local hunt club and
they have given me permission to ride on their leased land as long as I
stay in the OPEN and do not ride on Saturdays, Wednesdays and holidays.
It might pay to talk to some of the local hunt club members. If we land
users do not find a way to cooperate we may all lose the
privelidge.There may be some days in YOUR area when it is OK to ride as
long as the hunters know you will be out there.  I also feed the hunters
every so often. I figure chicken and rice, slaw and baked beans for
twenty men is a small price to be able to ride across the land they lease.
At least in my rural South Carolina county, this works for me.
I wish you good luck aqnd safety.
Lucie