Re: RC: Dayglow orange biothane

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the info about orange biothane.  Guess I'd need to have a crupper
made out of it too. <g>  At least until I can make up my mind what to do,
though, I'll probably just tie bunches of orange yarn to strategic places on
my tack.  (I've already got orange for me -- helmet cover and Walmart vest.)

The bells I have are on a wide, beta biothane strap, with a clip that I
attach to a D-ring on the front of my SportSaddle.  Don't want to attach
them to a rear D-ring because I'm afraid it would slap my horse.  And he's
spooky enough as it is!

Sorry, but I don't know how the action of the bells might be different on a
nylon strap.  Mine are great when we're trotting, but they're silent when
we're walking.  I've asked Marlene Moss about getting a couple of bells,
each on a clip, that I could attach to the ring on a halter/bridle and to
the rear (unused) D-ring on my girth.  Come to think of it, I'd need to test
out the bell-on-the-girth idea in a paddock before we head out to the woods.
He might not take kindly to a bell under his belly. <bg>

Cindy