Re: RC: Re: hunting season

In Florida, most of our state parks are closed to "other users"  during the hunt dates. Yes they do have the best dates, but then they have the biggest lobby. The first 2 weekends in Dec ( right before Goethe!) my closest training areas are both closed at the same time, so I go elsewhere.

Our local group publishes the hunt dates in the newsletter and riders can plan accordingly.  Several areas are "Preserves", therefore No Hunting  Allowed. The local National Forest however doesn't regulate users, so it is Rider Beware!  The local National Forest is also mostly "dog hunters" , i.e. they use dogs which are running & barking to chase the deer in front of a hunter. So if you are riding along and hear the dogs might be a good idea to pick up the pace!

Happy Trails,

Jackie Baker