endurance mule?

I just got a 4 1/2 year old molly mule with the intention of doing
endurance rides with her. I have had her just one week and can easily
see that she is going to be an interesting and difficult challenge. Does
anyone have any special thoughts or considerations to share?
What kinds of saddles are appropriate for mules? Shoes? Bits? Feed?
Grass or Alfalfa? Supplements? How do they mature? etc.?
I would appreciate hearing from anyone with mule information to share.
Thanks,
Lynda