Beet pulp/Potassium and Oranges

Hi Ridecampers; I am kinda directing this at Susan G.   I understand that there is a limited amount of Potassium in beet pulp, and wonder if you feed a lot, if it could cause a deficiency.?  I was also wondering if a horse ate oranges or lemons, would they get Potassium from that, like humans do? If so, would it be a good idea to put orange, into the beet pulp?  How's that for a wierd question--and no I hadn't  done it, just pondering.....Beth Glover (whose equine dinners contains more ingredients than the human ones)