Re: Beet Pulp/Hay

> In my last message, I forgot to ask, if you give a pan of beet pulp mid
> day, should you cut back on the morning and evening hay?

For a normal horse, I always prefer providing good quality grass hay free
choice at all times.  Talk to your vet about how he/she wants to handle the
amount of feed, depending on the severity of the laminitis.  Any horse
should always get a bare minimum of 1.5% of its body weight daily in the
form of forage to maintain gut motility.  My guess would be to provide a
reasonable amount of hay, don't cut back (I'm assuming you're not feeding
all THAT much beet pulp mid day) but check with your vet as well if the
laminitis is a pretty severe one.

Susan G