short tendon!!

Cheri ,

email me ...the short tendon is what causes club foot on
horses.....there is treatment out there without the surgery to
cut the check ligament but, it needs to be done before too
late.  I went through this with my first filly.....the vet
wasn't sure what to do so we dinked around till she was 8 months
and realized that the easy treatment wouldn't work so we ended
up having the surgery on her.  We did have Xray's done and she
hadn't rotated but, that foot has a slight club look to it.  She
has never been lame on that foot and I am now competing on the
mare in competitive but, it would have been nice to have been
able to take care of the tendon with the tetracycline treatment
instead of surgery.

June