Wrapping legs

We have started riding 50s this year and have not yet wrapped any legs
afterward.  At this time there hasn't seemed to be a need...but I'm sure
there will be in the future.  I'm just not sure when would be an
appropriate time to start.

I'm looking for opinions on when we should start doing this...what are
significant indications for wrapping...what are the favorite wrapping
methods and products (and why)...how soon should they be applied...and how
long should the wraps be left on the horse's legs.

Sue