Re: Over-reaching effects

I want to thank Maryanne for giving us the perspective of probably how most
of the world sees this terrible crime against humanity in our great country.
All God fearing people of the world are abhored by this act of cowardice.
The small minority of Muslims that perpetrate acts such as this do not
represent the majority of their great people. Violence against any innocent
person based on race or religion is totally wrong and wicked. I'm sure there
are those ignorant people who will use any excuse to behave badly in this
situation and for them I pray the true and Living Creator God will protect
all innocents from this kind of violence. We may be totally wrong in our
assumptions that a Muslim extremist is to blame. We will see the evidence as
it sifts out before a watching world. It might be one of our own extremists.

Our nation needs to seek God and ask Him to avenge these deaths justly and
swiftly, so we can be healed and learn from this terrible tragedy that as
the Bible says our lives are but a vapor and we do not know when we will
die. One thing we all know is one day we all will die. We just don't know
when. Everyone in the quiet of his/her own heart must be ready to make that
transition. Those passengers on the planes had no idea they would suddenly
crash into those towers and become a bomb from hell. If they had known, they
would have mobbed the hijackers no matter what kind of weapons they had. The
point is, I could die tonight in an auto accident. I must be ready to meet
my maker. This is a wakeup call for our people. Our nation is rich beyond
measure by the worlds standards, but we can't take our wealth to our graves.
Our priorities need adjusting.

I for one will not be quick to judge another because of his skin color or
spoken language. It's a matter of the heart, not outward appearance.

Susan Milam
Alhambra, Illinois, USA, home of the free and the brave