Re: Stopping to poop (or is this for real ???)

Renie said:

> Bet that ol' horse wouldn't stop to poop if a mountain lion was chasing
> it.  An old cavalry man once told me that it's a sign of good
> horsemanship if the poops are lined out; and the opposite if they were in
> a pile.  Ever see a horse stop to poop in the Kentucky Derby, or an
> Olympic competitor stop, or a reiner, or ??? Usually means horse lacks
> respect for rider...Ahh, pooohhp.  Renie

We joke here that if we were ever lost on a training ride, we could just
follow
the poop balls along the trail and find our way back.  We've also commented
that following them is a bit like following a giant earthworm. <g>  A
couple of
ours have had to be trained *not* to stop to poop -- and once they figured out
that the plumbing still worked while in motion, they did quite well pooping
and
moving at the same time.

Sue