Re: RC: Rope Halters with Add-On Headstall?

I have a 3/16" rope halter with a 3/8" by 10 feet long lead that is attached
by looping the eye splice thru the halter (they come apart, but not quickly).
I tie the rope to my saddle bag or brastplate ring while I ride (not to the
saddle, the hardware would pull out of the tree before the rope halter and
lead broke!). I attach a snaffle to the halter with 2 small brass double
ended bolt snaps. So far nothing has rubbed Mr. Sensitive Skin's face. It
works, and if the horse steps on his lead at the vet check you aren't looking
at a halter bridle in 10 different pieces. I got it from Pat Fredrickson at
halterlady.com  . If I had a hard case puller I would go with a thicker
halter, mine have pulled back a few times with no damage(to horse or halter).

                         Shelly in DE "if it's cheap and it works use it"