Re: RC: Question on bit hangers

Jennifer,
My husband & I use curb bits with our halter bridles & they work just fine.
Our bits do not have a jointed mouthpiece or shanks.
I would think the more joints & pivot points a bit has the "floppier" it is
& it would be more critical to have the halter bridle fit exactly right for
the bit to work properly.
I have used both the clip on type & over the poll type. I prefer not to have
the extra strap over the head. My mare gets itchy enough & it just made too
much "stuff".
Just like everything else, every horse & rider combo seems to have a unique
idea of what is best for them. One of the great things about endurance is
that we aren't constrained by being judged on the style of our tack or how
it looks. Play around with different things till you find out what works for
you. Let your horse tell you what's right or wrong.

Nancy Mitts
Stablegear Tack
http://www.ciwtrailers.com