Re: RC: RE: Temple/transport/slaughter

I hope that I have not offended too many people.  Let the flames begin.

I agree 100% with you.  I will not send my horses to the killers only because I don't feel that I can send an old or sick horse to be transported to Texas or whatever.  I would let them be used for dog food or whatever if they would kill them here.  It is only the inhumane trip that I object to, not the killing.

As far as boarders go, I am so glad there is only me and a few select boarders at my place.  I don't run it solely as a business and get to pick who I want.  Also, since our water has to be delivered and we don't have "individual" tack rooms, most of the boarder types are not interested in my place.  Of course, we do have 50 acres, 40 of which is a pasture with flat and hill and a short warm up walk down the road to Santa Teresa Park and a short five minute trailer ride to Calero and/or Quicksilver.  As I tell my juniors, there are people that have horses and people that have "horsies".  God help save us from the "horsie" owners.  One girl went riding with us once and had to turn back before we left the pasture because she could tell her horse was "badly dehydrated".  We had gone about 100 yards from the hitch rail.  Then there are the ones who must have a flake of hay in front of their horse while tacking up so the poor grossly overweight thing does not starve to death while being saddled.  My favorite is a
 friend of mine has a boarding stable and I swear those people get their horses out, give them a bath, and then tie then up for a while and put them away.  They save a lot of money on tack because they don't use saddles.  Their poor horses have no natural oil left in their coats.  Can you tell I have given this particular can of worms a lot of thought?

maryben [no flames from me]