RE: Temple/transport/slaughter

Heidi,
Very well said.  I am trying to contain myself but this is once again an
example of "do gooders" that have made things worse.  The animal rights
folks, PETA and other morons, are acting purely on an emotional level. (If
you want a good laugh, go to the PETA web site!  The idiots talk about
rescue a chicken!)   They just demand and get things that only make them
feel good, but do NOT solve the problem, do NOT address the fundamental
issues and many times make things worse.  The horse slaughter is an example.
Closing the local plants is an example of how emotions get in the way.
Now I will move on to horse owners.  I have seen with my own eyes at the
barn were we board some of the most idiotic behavior practiced by humans
when dealing with horses!  I just don't understand why someone that knows
nothing about horses, would want to buy a young untrained horse.  And then
when they have it, believe that they are expert trainers and horse people.
Help me out here.  There is currently one idiot woman at the barn that is
well on her way to turning a nice Appy 2 yr old into a basket case.  The
problem is NOT THE HORSE!  It is with this moron!  We can all see where this
poor horse is heading too.
I applaud the rescue folks that do it in a businesslike manner, that know
what they are doing.  But some of them are unrealistic.  I can not stand
seeing horse mistreated in any way.  It would break my heart if any of mine
were mistreated and subjected to cruelty.  I do like animals, and I do wish
that we would not have to kill horses, but life being what it is, it
happens.
I hope that I have not offended too many people.  Let the flames begin.
Tony