Arundo v.s. Kudzo- comparison

I thought I'd look up Arundo after the Norco ride, 'cause that is the big, big plants in the riverbed that makes for tunnels. Most folks on my end of town call it Bamboo, and wrongly too. They shot some "Vietnam" type movies in the canyons up here and it was because of the "Bamboo".  Really it's called Arundo donax, and that is the "Oboe Cane"  Why they call it that, I cannot say.   It is a non-native plant that takes over stuff just like Kudzo, except not vining.  If you back east folks come to visit California, don't take any home, just like we won't take any Kudzo home .  I found two websites you can look at;

http://ceres.ca.gov/tadn/Arundo_facts.html

and for an interesting and shocking!!! version check out this version.  "Holy alkaloid Batman, Maybe we shouldn't let the horses eat that stuff--it raises the heartrate!"  read on

www.totse.com/en/drugs/rare_and_exotic_drugs/add.html      Dang what people won't do for a cheap thrill..."lets go smoke some bamboo, dude...""

Beth