AERC National Championship update

It is not too late to get all the information in to ride the National
Championship ride. Remember we have waived all  the late fees. So if you have
not nominated be sure and send it in. If you need a ride entry be sure and
write me for one. We have so many exciting plans. During the 100 miler we
have a Kentucky Fried Chicken lunch served at the vet check, we have a big
awards banquet for Saturday night. The raffle is enormous, halter/bridles,
horse blankets, vitamins, over 50 items. Almost all of the people and vendors
who support our sport of endurance riding has come through to make this a big
success.  You will have to be present to win and have been entered in the
ride. Also we have a winners circle that each rider as they finish will go
into for his "finish is to win" photo, that will be given to all the
finishers, thanks to sponsors, Dinah and Steve Rojek and photographer, Becky
Siler. Nice embroidered polo shirts will be given for completion awards.
Janice Taylor has custom designed and made a bronze sculpture to be awarded
for best condition in the 50 and 100. (Gee, I wonder if the ride manager gets
to keep this one if we decide not to award a BC. May have to think about this
one. Just kidding.) I hope you guys will come and have a good time with us in
Kentucky, but remember you need everything in to me by September 15, so do it
right now and get signed up if you are qualified. We have been working on the
trails so that they will be safe and a little easier to ride in the dark.
Thanks, Connie Caudill -Ride manager and the Daniel Boone Distance Riders