greys and cancer

Carolyn,
That is very interesting.  I do receive several catalogs that carry Wendells Herb products.  Wonder if that particular mix could be used as preventative?
DeeDee, my "true redhead!" is chestnut.  She has had a bean sized knot under the skin on right side neck crest about a hand width from poll area.  Never changes in size or texture (firm), so I don't worry.  My sister had a bay mare who had the crusty-looking (name please?) wart thingies! in her ears...she had them removed and they came back.
Our dogs get, what are termed "fatty tumors", as they get older.  These are benign and can get pretty large!  In soft regions of canine, ie flank, rib area, arm pit, etc.
It sounds like the ok ones in horses is similar?  What are the risky ones in appearance?  I know that changes in texture should send an alarm.  Are the risky ones one or under the skin?
I don't have anyone with probs, but with a lot of Arabians being greys and my new handsome 2 yr old being rose grey and matureing to grey, I find this very interesting.
Beth Gunn