Re: RC: Re: DIY blood glucose checks

I have found my BAYER ELITE to be quite accurate compared to the
portable blood test units used by a number of vets at rides.
At the NC last year - I got a pre-race reading of 132  a bit high for
me to feel comfortable the machine said 127 ..

at the end I got 110 the machine said 105 ..
both readings on the human device were higher..
So with a high reading at the start - I sure did NOT add ANY extra
carb fuel as in high carb grain or cc until way later in the ride...

i fed only BP and rolled oats - hay - grass  until VC3 - did not take
a reading as I was too stressed  ... hehe

I have found a reading of 80 to equate to a tired horse or one who looks
like they hit the wall a bit ..
Anyway  - proper testing will provide you with relative  data .. which
is all I look for -- I still like to keep it level between 90 and 100.

more trivia ..??