Re: RE: Arab Slaughter Horses

----- Original Message -----
From: "Corbelletta, Antonio" <Antonio_Corbelletta@affymetrix.com>

> As for "languish in the fields of well-meaning..." We have a very old
mare,
> 30yrs old.  She is old and is kept in her pasture with pasture mates.  She
> has arthritis and is not ridden anymore.  I say her pasture because, she
> does not want to be anywhere else.
>
> I do agree with most of your article but these two questions just come to
> mind.  My philosophy has been that we will keep our old retired horses
until
> it is time for them to move on.  That means as long as they are happy and
> not suffering they will stay in the big pasture, stall or whatever place
is
> best for them.
>
> Tony C

Hi Tony,

This is a wonderful thing to do IF the older horses are kept current on
worming, teeth and adequate nutrition.
I have seen old horses just "left" in pastures, that are too arthritic to
move, or have foundered, or are just skin and bones.
I think that is what we all are saying.....but older horses to take an
intensive amount of care.....

Karen