cancer and greys

<<<I just wonder if this is an old wife's tale.>>>

Not a wives tale.  Greys are particularily susceptible to melanomas.  They
appear as bumps on the skin, most commonly found on the anus, sheath, under
the tail and in the mouth, but can be found anywhere on the body.  They are
usually harmless and don't require being removed, but they must be watched
carefully.  We have a grey Arabian, 18 y.o., who has started to develop
them.  We have him on a product called Melanix, made by Wendells Herbs that
seems to shrink them.

Carolyn Burgess