Re: RC: Bare foot horses and endurance

My horse was barefoot the first year I had him
and was fine..I haven't ever done an official
endurance ride, but ride on all types of surfaces
for long periods of time. This past summer I
started jumping some and my trainer said it would
be a good idea to put shoes on his front
feet..but I dont really think that was necessary,
and I dont jump so much now, so they were taken
off a month ago..and he's still fine. I really
dont know if you could ride an endurance ride
barefoot...but I'd like to know too,incase I ever
actually get a chance to do an endurance ride.
-Kelly