Re: BC award -- was Re: Norco Ride

>>>Mostly the BC award is based on a general term of "Fit to Continue".  None of
the top 13 horses were.  The Vet said he looked until 13th place to find a
BC.  I'm proud of Dr. Beasom for not taking the best out of 10 and placing a
BC on that horse. Taking the "least worst horse" is not the way it should be
done.<<<<

  I have been to rides - as long ago as 15 years, where no BC was given because no BC was 'earned'  I think it is a rational and positive statement by a vet to assess the situation and act on his/her conscience.

Laura Hayes